Michael has over 20 years of professional experience. As an accredited and certified Coach, Michael brings extensive management consulting experience within the Asia Pacific region.
Areas of Expertise
- Executive Talent Development
- Leadership Development Coaching
- Interpersonal/Strategic Communications Skills
- Senior Executive Role Transitions and On-Boarding
- Change Readiness and High Performance Team
- Global and Cross-Cultural
- Performance Coaching
- Strategic Thinking.
Michael brings more than twenty years of general management experience in the healthcare industry with successful experiences in joint-ventures, in start-ups, and business turn-around situations. In addition, Michael has extensive management consulting experience in the Asia Pacific region.
Prior to becoming an executive coach, he served as President of Xian Janssen Pharmaceutical, a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary and also the largest pharmaceutical company in China. As President, Michael was instrumental in the geographical expansion of the company, and he dramatically increased the market share position for key products.
Earlier in his career, he was the vice president and general manager of Tianjin Smith Kline & French, a subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline, the leading over-the-counter pharmaceutical company in China.
Michael is a professionally accredited and certified Coach. He serves as an adjunct professor at Normal University's Graduate School of Management in Xi"an, China. He is also currently adjunct faculty at Tsinghua University School Economics and Management.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Accredited Organisational Coach, Level Two, IECL
- Doctorate (Candidate) of Business Administration from the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Master of Business Administration from the University of New South Wales,Sydney, Australia
- Bachelor of Applied Science, with Honors, from the University of Science, Malaysia
- Fluent in Chinese, English, and Bahasa Malaysia.
Recent Client Engagements
- Performance Coaching - Vice President of a German leading semi-conductor company to energize his management team after a market downturn. After coaching, the leader achieved greater market share through innovation and competitive strategy.
- Talent Management " Vice President of world's second largest heavy duty truck Company transitioned to become President of a newly acquired Truck Leasing Company.
- Role Transition /Career Development - Senior Director of China FX of Singapore based Commercial Bank developed his leadership competencies for career advancement. He is currently regional Head of Treasury Markets of the Bank.
- Change Readiness / Cross Culture - A new General Manager from Brazil in China of the largest French's Electricity Generator and High Speed Train develop a turn-around situation including people down-sizing. Build talent pool and management team.
- Strategic Thinking/Merger " Senior Executive of Fortune 500's sensors and controls develops manufacturing strategic integration and technological alignment. The Executive has since been promoted to Vice President Manufacturing and Logistic for Asia-Pacific region.
- On-Boarding/Talent Development - Finance Director of Fortune 500's agribusiness transits to become General Manager of China Operations. Achieve smooth transition and position the Company for higher growth.