Marc is a Shanghai based Executive Coach of the IECL. Marc's management experience evolved into his passion for individual personal development through the professional coaching field.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Executive Coaching,
- Executive Talent Development,
- Whole Systems Approach for Business Results,
- Interpersonal / Communications / Presentation Skills,
- CEO/ Board/ Top Level Job Transitions,
- Inspirational Leadership Development,
- Sales & Marketing Training.
Recent Coaching Engagements
- Finance controller of a multinational company to redefine her role and use her personal strengths to achieve maximum impact within the organization, particularly in presentations and communications across all levels within the organization,
- VP Sales & Marketing of a subsidiary of a large publicly-traded multinational company to help him develop his staff and reorganize his operation to achieve significantly improved business results,
- Business owner of a small business in order to lead change required for a successful growth plan to triple output and associated revenues / profits through 2020.
Specific Outcomes for Coaching Counterparts
- Enhanced ability to motivate their teams,
- Develop high performing and highly motivated organizations,
- Ability to communicate and make effective presentations with authority and confidence with people at all organizational levels,
- Apply pro-active behaviors to anticipate business problems.
- Director/ Principal of Beautique Plus (H.K.) Ltd., Co., ASPAC health & skincare products
- Director/ Principal of MindSprout Academy, Shanghai based early childhood education
- Director of Athletics, ESL Department Head, Director of Secondary Business Education, Shanghai based international education institution
- Senior Business Consultant for multinational high tech scientific instruments company
- Lead Coach and Teacher Trainer with NOVA Group, Japan based English education
- Chief Operations Officer of a Florida, USA based retailer
Qualifications and Memberships
- Accredited Coach, Institute of Executive Coaching
- Contract Executive Coach, Halma China
- InterNations Shanghai member
- University of Florida Gator Club of Shanghai, alumni association member
- Chair of CISSA, Shanghai international middle schools athletics
- Certified Primary First Aid Training in the Field, Red Cross Shanghai
- Group leader for school accreditation through Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Coach for Active Kidz Shanghai, youth sports
- Certified in-line skating instructor
- BS degree in Business Management, University of Florida, 1991
- Re-founder and Treasurer, Tau Kappa Epsilon social fraternity, Gamma-Theta chapter
- Third Class Radiotelephone Operators Permit with a broadcast endorsement from US FCC
Marc Sherman is a Shanghai based American entrepreneur and executive coach of the Institute of Executive Coaching. He grew up on Long Island, east of New York City and has coached internationally, in the US, Tokyo and Shanghai in industries such as consumer goods, education, high technology solutions providers, and professional service firms.
His experience ranges over a number of areas of leadership development including training and coaching the elements of successful presentations, as well as capitalizing on varied insight and outsight. He works with all organizational level executives whose decisions affect their company and impacts the greater industry and environment around them.
Marc has much experience coaching at the executive level. During the last several years Marc has worked with senior leadership teams across China in collaboration with their British and American based headquarters, helping them to succeed in leading culturally diverse organizations. Marc's multicultural and widely varied background adds a wealth of diversity and depth to his executive coaching practice.
As a Chief Operations Officer at the Miami, Florida based retailer, the prior educational foundations for his perceptions of leadership were deeply engaged and continually developed, preparing the future international opportunities and assignments to come. Marc's management experience grew to a love of teaching for individual personal development, an ongoing passion to assist others through the professional coaching field. Marc, is an American citizen married to a Chinese national. They have two children. Marc has lived in Japan (2003-2006) and in Shanghai, China since 2006.