Julia is a very experienced HR professional and executive coach. She was a senior executive in the Australian Pubic Service for almost 20 years.
Areas of Expertise
- Executive, group and team coaching
- Leadership development
- Workshop delivery and facilitation
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organisational transformation and change
- Women's leadership
- Workplace Relations and performance management support
Julia is a very experienced HR professional and executive coach. She was a senior executive in the Australian Pubic Service for almost 20 years. Julia has led strategic corporate activities, including HR, communication and media, planning, executive coordination and change management in many large government agencies.
She is a former Executive Director of the Australian Government's Office for Women, and led the government's review of Equal Opportunity legislation in 2009-10. Julia's career highlights include addressing the United Nations General Assembly on gender equality. Her extensive HR experience includes leading workplace relations negotiations, and significant change management initiatives. As a coach she works with top level executives and also enjoys working with staff and leaders at all levels to help them be their best.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Accredited Coach, Level Three, IECL
- Team Coaching (IECL 2014);
- Coaching and Emotion (IECL 2014);
- Member International Coach Federation
- Accredited Mediator (LEADR 2002)
- Accredited PRINT practitioner
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), Macquarie University, majoring in Communication
Recent Client Engagements
- Provided strategic HR support, and practical assistance, for an Indigenous organisation in crisis (150 staff)
- Group and individual coaching, including use of PRINT methodology, for a Deputy Secretary and his SES, to build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Facilitated planning and team building for a Canberra law firm
- Multiple (20+) one on one and team coaching engagements in Health and the Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Supporting managers through performance management (using coaching and practical HR expertise).
- Mentoring workshops for small government agency
- Performance conversations training for medium size agency, in all States
- Workplace relations strategy and communications for a large government Agency negotiating a new Enterprise Agreement