As an experienced leader, Anthony draws on this experience and accredited coach education, from both the IECL and tertiary institutions, to provide effective coaching at all levels of an organisation.
Areas of Expertise
- Executive & team coaching focusing on development to deal with complexity and goal attainment.
- Manager/Leader as Coach training. Developing leadership skills including communication, perspective taking, building resilience, navigating complex systems and building empathy.
- Individual and Team diagnostics.
Anthony is an experienced leader in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environments. He draws on this experience and accredited coach education, from both the IECL and tertiary institutions, to provide effective coaching at all levels of an organization. Anthony has coached in large Government departments, multinational companies and the not-for-profit sector.
Business Background and Experience
During Anthony’s 24 year career in the Royal Australian Navy, he held leadership in Strategic, Operational, Tactical and Training roles. The pinnacle was command of two separate ships and group command of up to five ships and 1000 people. Anthony also had operational deployments to the Middle East where he worked with 24 different nations as part of the Coalition. This experience allows Anthony to understand the skills required to handle complex situations and develop resilience.
Anthony predominantly uses a developmental approach to his coaching. Through this approach, leaders are empowered to develop their self-awareness, awareness of others and an understanding of the environment they are working in. This increases leaders’ abilities to deal with the complexity of their own situations in an increasingly constructive manner.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Masters of Science (Coaching Psychology), University of Sydney
- Masters of Arts (Strategy & Policy), University of NSW
- Graduate Diploma of Defence Studies, University of NSW
- Graduate Diploma of Information Management
- Graduate Certificate of Maritime Studies, University of Wollongong
- Certified Organisational Coach, Level Two and Team Coaching - IECL
- Diagnostics: LSI/GSI and OCI - Human Synergistics
- Mental Health First Aid – MHFA Australia
- AITD Facilitation Master Class
- Member International Coach Federation
Recent Client Engagements
- Large Government Department: 40 Plus Middle and Senior leaders over the last three years as part of that department’s leadership strategy and cultural reform. These leaders were coached on development of effective leadership behaviours in a complex environment. Engagement also involves cultural awareness debriefing and team coaching and delivering ‘Leader as Coach’ training.
- Financial Services Industry: 1 x Chief Risk Officer in an international bank dealing with understanding impact on others. 1 x Head of Life Insurance operations on dealing with moving into a new role. Resilience training for multiple financial advisors across the sector.
- Multi-national Engineering Consultancy: 1 x Operations Director on raising self-awareness in current role, dealing with multiple stakeholders and developing team members.
- National Telecommunications Organisation: 3 x Executive Directors covering developmental growth, succession planning and transitioning into new, more complex roles.
- Not-for-profit employment organisation: 12 x Executive Managers experiencing significant turbulence following change in the industry. Managers were coached on dealing with change and moving into a more collaborative culture.