Tony is CEO of IECL and is an experienced coach and mentor to senior executives. He has worked with executives at CEO and CFO level and with senior divisional and functional executives regionally.
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership coaching and mentoring
- C-suite transition
- High performance teaming
- High potentials
- Behavioural change
Tony is the CEO of IECL and is an experienced coach and mentor to senior executives. He has worked with executives at CEO and CFO level and with senior divisional and functional executives in a range of industries including retail and investment banking, IT, property services and manufacturing industries, based in Australia and Singapore. As a coach and mentor, he draws on his international business experience, a sharp focus on leadership, as well as expertise in strategy and business challenges.
Business Background and Experience
Tony has a strong leadership background having been both Head of Global Foreign Exchange and Money Markets and also Head of Asia at a major Australian bank. These businesses involved significant leadership challenges and complexity and their business metrics were of sufficient size to provide Tony with a deep understanding of the circumstances that face today's leaders.
Tony tailors his approach to the particular business and behavioural change requirements of the individual, with clients reporting a transformation in their leadership style and performance outcomes often leading to the acceptance of greater responsibility.
Clients are challenged to gain a deep appreciation of their personal and leadership styles and the resulting impact on others. Additionally, they are supported to have the courage and determination to make behavioural changes that will lead to sustainable, high performance results.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Accredited Organisational Coach, Level Three, IECL
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Education: Masters (Management); PostGradDip (E-Commerce Management)
- Diagnostics: TLC, LSI, LI, Benchmarks, MBTI, DiSC, Harrison Assessments, MBLSA
Recent Client Engagements
- Heavy duty manufacturing organisation - Plant General managers x 6, Head of Operations Asia Pac, Head of Technology, Head of Australian business, Head of NZ business " total 44 senior execs over 13 years " coached on various issues from aggressive behaviour to poor performance
- Utilities - 6 high potential executive managers " development coaching for leadership positions
- Global construction company - 13 country or functional heads in Asia " each with large headcount (up to 8,000) businesses in infrastructure construction " coaching support, face to face around Asia
- Regional CEO, Multinational " assisted the client in clarifying and designing a major regional restructure and its implications.
- Country Head, Construction " coached the client around the specific strategic business challenges faced in this Asian country.
- Partner, Accounting " supported the client to gain clarity on the scope and deliverables of a new business stream, and what it would take to achieve it.
- Head of Financial Markets " recently appointed to the role " worked with the client to achieve maximum impact and pace of change on starting this new position.