Garry has over 30 years" experience where he began as a coach of IBM leaders, business partners and executives in the 1990s. He continues to coach C-level clients in many industry sectors.
Areas of Expertise
- Deep strategic, operations management
- Organisation transformation practitioner
- High performance culture transition
- Corporate advisory, private equity
- Professional company director (Fellow AICD)
- Leadership coaching and transitioning
Garry began as a coach of IBM leaders, business partners and executives in the 1990s. Garry coaches C-level clients in many industry sectors across the world, particularly in Asia. He maintains ongoing coach, mentor and confidant relationships with a number of past clients and their executive teams.
Business Background and Experience
Garry has over 30 years" experience, much of it as a senior executive across functions in the global corporate environment. Garry has held roles including senior public servant guiding public sector reform in Australia; Company Director in private and listed companies in London, HK, Australia and USA; Adjunct Professor at Curtin University and as an entrepreneur / business founder for 10 years. Garry was the first foreign investment and trade advisor to the Guangxi provincial government.
Garry believes coaching effectiveness is about results. The higher and the more specific coaching goals are, the higher their achievement. Leadership effectiveness and personal fulfilment is about self-awareness, selflessness & self-generation of behaviour styles and relationships.
Garry believes good coaches listen, observe & challenge; adjusting their approaches and tools to suit the client's needs so that they are encouraged to make the changes necessary to achieve their natural potential and mission in life.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Certified Organisational Coach, Level Two, IECL
- Education: B Sci; PostGradDip (Corporate Governance); PostgradDip (Applied Finance & Investment); Asian International Executive Program (INSEAD), multiple Harvard advanced leadership short courses, Doctor of Technology, Mediation Accreditation (HKU)
- Diagnostics: DISC, MBTI, Culture Change OCI/OEI, Organisation Climate and Leadership Styles (Hay Group), ACT, Immunity to Change
Recent Client Engagements
- Head of Asia Business Transformation, listed Global Bank " guided her to effectively manage regional and diverse cultural complexity in an aggressive, high pressure business growth environment.
- Group CFO, listed Global F&B Brand " developed her leadership, relationship, EQ and operational skills to support fast growth in Asia.
- CEO, listed IT Solutions and Services " guided his personal development in his new CEO role (transition from Sales SVP) to double net profit in 3 years.
- Sr. Director, listed Global Foods Conglomerate " prepared her transition to a new more senior role in a divested business and developed her personal brand.
- Functional Leader, Global Diversified Consulting Firm " transitioned him (expat) to prominent multi-cultural Partner role in Asia.
- Consul-General, Asian countries " honed his leadership, transformation and strategic skills in a complex regional role, transitioning across country roles.