Joanna’s international leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams in complex transactions and restructurings as an in-house consultant, together with her knowledge of the neuroscience of communication, makes her an expert in communication and influencing others to achieve results.
Joanna has facilitated peer coaching and leadership programs as well as coached senior executives in the legal, financial, luxury, construction, technology and government sectors in Asia, Europe, and the United States.
COACHING STYLE AND APPROACH
Joanna’s coaching approach is process-focused, and outcome driven. In addition, having gone through deep transformational experiences herself, Joanna takes clients on a journey of self-discovery and awareness, identifying mind-sets that prevent them from getting to the next level of success. Using tools, clients are empowered to express their inner thoughts and feelings in ways that strengthen relationships and increase influence with teams and stakeholders. She also brings a deep understanding of the mindsets of different cultures, and facilitates a transformation in thinking, and therefore positive personal change.
Joanna began her career as a corporate lawyer over 25 years ago and attained diverse work experience in New Zealand, London, and Hong Kong. She worked for Simmons & Simmons in Hong Kong and London before moving into regional in-house legal and consultancy roles for Fortune 500 companies. She has been a departmental head and has been the adviser to senior to C-level executives.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Leadership - from managing to inspiring, effective communication, deciphering hidden team dynamics
Transition - in career and mid-life, looking at a purpose driven life
Diversity & Inclusion - women in leadership, leading a multi-cultural team
• CEO, Health Services – personal effectiveness, purpose, and vision
• Regional CFO, Luxury – personal effectiveness and communication with regional team
• Regional General Counsel and Compliance Officer, Banking – developing strategies to build up an effective regional team
• Senior Vice President, Aviation Finance – leadership development and emotional intelligence
• Senior Vice President, Public Relations – building gravitas and communication
• Partner, US Law Firm – leadership development
• Senior Global Partner, Big 4 Accountancy Firm – review leadership vision and purpose and emotional intelligence
• Senior Vice President, US Consultancy Firm – executive presence and communication