Cathy has over 20 years of experience within China (Shanghai & Guangzhou), USA and Canada. Her passion is self-development and to develop the next generation of business leaders in China.
Coaching Areas of Expertise
- Leading & Managing: Transition from an operational-focused executive to a leader with strategic perspective
- Powerful Communications: a vital skill for career & life
- Building Effective Relationship, including conflict management
- Maximising Performance in Cross-Cultural Environment, including relationship with HQ
- Career Planning &Re-Positioning
Client Industry Background
- Consumer practice, retail, automobile, healthy food, fashion
- B2B sector, Pharmaceutical, ITï¼ŒForestry, Bio Energy
- Professional services & business consultancy firms
- VPs, Senior Directors, Directors of MNCs in China Market
- Senior Directors& function heads, MNCs in Asia Market
- General Managers, global professional service firms in China Market
Key Coaching Approaches
- Functions as an equal partner to help coaching counterparts identify their most critical development goals, explore new solutions and offer the support they need to challenge themselves and follow through on their commitments to create lasting behaviour changes.
- Solution-focused, aiming for sustained behaviour changes
- Narrative coaching
- Practical and closely tie-in with real l business situations
- Emphasising on 3-step of adult learning process: awareness + experimental + reflection
Leadership Development Facilitation
- Workshop trainer & facilitator for topics around Leading Self & Leading Others
- Team Coaching and facilitation on a broad range of subjects
- Senior Executive Coach & Facilitator, IECL China
- Communications Director, Ferrari Greater China
- General Manager at OMD (Omnicom Group)Guangzhou Branch
- Head of Brand and Corporate Communications, Nike China
- Senior Marketing Head, International Resources Ltd. (Canada)
- Section Chief of Foreign Affairs Office, Guangzhou Municipal Government
Qualifications and Memberships
- ACC, International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Accredited Organizational Coach, Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership (IECL)
- Accredited Team Coach, Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership (IECL)
- Focused Conversation, Facilitation Technology of Open Quest (IAF)
- MBA Career Coach & Mentor, China European International Business School (CEIBS)
- MBA, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts from Guangzhou University of Foreign Studies
- Cathy Wen has over 20 years of professional experience gained from serving both multinational companies and the public service sector in China. She has a balanced corporate path in global headquarters (based in USA), Asia-Pacific Region (based in USA), Greater China & country head office (based in Shanghai).
- Her corporate experience ranges over a number of areas of marketing, corporate communications, public relations, crisis management and business consulting.
- Cathy has multiple markets"" working experience in China (Shanghai & Guangzhou), USA and Canada.
- Born in a family with a strong academic background, Cathy is passionate in developing the next generation of business leaders in China. She has, since 2015, been appointed as a member of the MBA Career Mentoring Program, China Europe International Business School.
- Cathy is keen in exploring life from different dimensions. Besides a dynamic career, she loves nature, enjoys arts and has travelled to over 50 countries. Her true passion, however, has always been in self-development and facilitating others to grow.
Her wide-ranging professional background, multi-culture exposure, her own transformation from a business executive to an organizational coach and her genuine interest in helping others to live a full life add depth to her executive coaching & leadership training practice.
Cathy conducts coaching & facilitation in both Mandarin and English.