Who is this for..
This program is aimed at people wishing to attain a Graduate level qualification in coaching. It is an ideal ongoing path of study for IECL alumni who have already completed two or more IECL coach training levels. Those just setting out on the coach training path can add in Leadership subjects from CSU at any point, but ideally after completing IECL Coach Training Level 2 or 3.
The Graduate Certificate in Organisational Coaching and Leadership consists of four compulsory subjects. You will complete two CSU subjects, choosing two from the following restricted electives:
- MGT559 Contemporary Issues in Leadership
- MGT568 Difference and Leadership
- MGT569 The Leadership Challenge
- MGT584 Leadership in Teams
- MGT599 Leadership Theory and Practice (16 points)****Double subject studied in one session. Students who complete MGT599 are not required to complete a second Restricted Elective.
And two IECL subjects:
- Organisational Coaching Theory to Practice 1 (Level 1 Coaching Certification)*
- Organisational Coaching Theory to Practice 2 (Level 2 Coaching Certification)*
On completion of the Graduate Certificate in Organisational Coaching and Leadership, students will receive full credit into the Graduate Diploma of Organisational Coaching and Leadership, and will undertake an additional four subjects, which include two elective CSU subjects and two IECL subjects.
Two IECL subjects:
- Principles of Organisational Coaching (available via online learning)
- Advanced Coaching Practice (Level 3 Coaching Accreditation)*
- PLUS two restricted elective CSU subjects (not previously completed)
Master of Business Leadership: subject options available
Master of Dispute Resolution (students are required to complete all four Core Dispute Resolution subjects):
- HRM540 Theories of Conflict Resolution
- HRM545 Skills of Conflict Resolution
- LAW516 Dispute Resolution: Methods and Results
- LAW517 Mediation: Processes and Uses
Find out further information regarding the Master of Dispute Resolution.
*IECL Levels completed prior to 1 January 2015 will require a short Bridging Program to attain full credit.
Once you have completed the subjects with IECL, the next step is to enrol with CSU. Please click here for more information.
- These pathways provide the opportunity to gain a recognised higher education qualification in coaching; advantageous as the industry continues to develop towards greater professionalism.
- CSU is a highly regarded national Australian University and a leading provider of online distance education in Australia with degree programs that serve the broader professional needs of Australia’s economy. The Graduate Diploma is made up of four coaching subjects from IECL (Levels 1 to 3* plus a new subject: Principles of Organisational Coaching) and four leadership subjects from CSU. Successful completion of the Graduate Diploma provides you guaranteed entry (with credits) into CSU’s Master of Business Leadership or Master of Dispute Resolution.
- A Graduate Certificate in Organisational Coaching and Leadership (two IECL subjects and two CSU subjects) is also available. Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate provides you guaranteed entry into the Graduate Diploma of Organisational Coaching and Leadership.
- Students who have not studied recently may wish to revisit their academic skills. CSU offers free short courses on writing and referencing, as well as introduction to online learning and transition to university study programs. For more information, visit the CSU Study Link page.
Application and Pre-Work
The next steps after completing at least two IECL subjects are to enrol with CSU.
To attain the Graduate Certificate, students will need to complete two IECL subjects and two CSU subjects.
IECL Subjects (required)
- Coaching Theory to Practice 1 (Level One Coaching Certification*)
- Coaching Theory to Practice 2 (Level Two Coaching Certification*)
- CSU Subjects (required)
- MGT584 – Leadership in Teams
- MGT594 – Leadership and Business Ethics
*IECL Levels completed prior to 1 January 2015 will require a short Bridging Program.
These Graduate degrees are awarded by Charles Sturt University on successful completion of all subjects.