Three to four hours (entirely online)
Certificate of Completion
The Mentoring in the Workplace course provides organisations and workers with a practical understanding of mentoring and the skills and tools needed to be a confident and effective mentor. This course is aimed at private and public-sector organisations and is designed to be delivered organisation-wide. As a practical and interactive course, learners are invited to engage in a number of activities that will enable them to apply the skills and tools they learn immediately.
– Mentoring skills and knowledge
– The mentoring role
– The mentoring journey
– Developing your mentee
– Developing the mentor
– The mentoring conversation.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
– Apply their skills and knowledge to become an effective mentor
– Define the various roles of the mentor
– Apply frameworks and models to accelerate the development of the mentee
– Design, plan and implement an effective mentoring journey
– Articulate a mentoring conversation using the GROW model
– Demonstrate approaches and skills for an effective mentoring conversation.
Organisations implementing this course will:
– Foster a culture of personal and professional growth
– Promote desired company behaviours and attitudes
– Enhance leadership skills in managers
– Improve staff morale, performance and motivation
– Engage, retain and develop high performing workers.
The course will take up to three and a half hours to complete, including time to reflect. It is recommended that it is completed over a number of days or weeks to allow time sufficient time for this reflection.
Successful completion of all course requirements leads to a certificate of completion.
Subscribe to our newsletter today to get our latest updates and articles in the leadership development, coaching and coach training field
Attend an introduction event
Come along to an introductory event to meet our faculty, learn more about coaching and leadership, and get a feel for our style of experiential adult learning.